Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
CoLab Membership Agreement Members and Member Affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "Member") agree to accept the terms of membership contained in this agreement and to abide by the CoLab Membership Rules which are attached to this agreement. As CoLab evolves, the Rules may be updated and, if so, will be available on the CoLab Member's website. Member agree to adhere to the most recently posted Rules.
- Mission CoLab is a community of diverse professionals sharing space, resources, and connections. CoLab offers freedom to choose our own path, the flexibility to explore new horizons, and a place to share a cup of coffee or a cold beer with your team and colleagues. CoLab, founded on the principles of fairness and equality, provides flexible office arrangements and amenities built on cutting edge infrastructure to empower Members to do their best work. Whether starting a new business or adding space for growth, we look forward to collaborating with you.
- Membership This agreement does not create property rights such as a lease; it is in effect a license for the limited use of the designated space and the services requested and authorizes the Member to participate in the activities of CoLab. The authority to use the space and services is personal to Member and may not be assigned to another. The Member acknowledges that there are many Members using the shared space and agrees to respect every other Member's use of the space and services.
- Member Fees Your agreed space and upgrade fees are due on the first of each month. If you moved in mid-month, you will have paid the prorated amount due for that first month. Daily use fees will be paid at the start of each daily session. If not paid on time, access will be denied and personal property must be removed. Service fees incurred are due on the first day of the next month. Notice of the amount of such special fees incurred will be be electronically available via email and the Member's private page on the CoLab Member's website. The standard service fees are posted on CoLab's website. All payments shall be automatic via Credit/Debit or ACH withdrawal. The community Manager will help Member establish the payment mode. Failure to pay will result in termination of the privilege to use and enjoy CoLab space, services, and membership benefits.
- Insurance CoLab carries liability and business property insurance. Member is not required, but is encouraged, to carry their own liability and business property insurance. CoLab is not responsible for loss or damage to Member's property. Member agrees to hold CoLab harmless from any and all claims and to indemnify CoLab should any claims be made against CoLab as a result of Member's conduct. Member is responsible for any damages incurred in its space or otherwise by Member.
- Employees and Affiliates Employees and Afilliated Independent Contractors are considered to be Affiliate Team Members and are party to the terms of this agreement. Members who are Team Leaders are responsible for paying the agreed costs of CoLab space and services for themselves, their Affiliates or Employees and their Guests. If Member has employees, Member is responsible for paying the wages, taxes, workers compensation, unemployment insurance, and any other costs of employment. Members are responsible for the conduct of their Affiliate Members and Guests.
- Use of the Spaces and Services A. General Use Member agrees that Member is engaged in a legal business. Member must obtain and maintain all required licenses to operate its business. The use of CoLab, its space and services, will be lawful under all applicable laws, the Membership Rules, or other subsequently posted rules. Member agrees to be respectful of other Members, to adhere to the social norm, and to avoid disruptive or rude behavior. Members agree that the use of the space and services will not diminish or negatively impact the use of the same by other Members and Affiliates. Use of CoLab's computer system or Fiber Optic System requires that Member protect against unauthorized access, hacks, spam or damage to software or systems. Member further represents that it has the power to enter into this Agreement. B. Special Events Member may make arrangements with the Community Manager to hold special events. Whether or not other Members are invited reasonable notice shall be given to all whose use of CoLab may be affected by the events.
- Confidentiality Member recognizes that Membership may result in Member learning about proprietary and confidential information of CoLab or other Members. Member promises to keep all such information private and will not disclose to anyone anything learned about CoLab's and Members' proprietary business plans, its computer systems, Fiber Optic System, and other business information. Member, and not CoLab, is responsible for protecting Member's business privacy.
- Damages Member is responsible for any damage they, or their Affiliates or Guests, may cause to CoLab property or to other Members. Member is solely responsible for the success and failure of its business. CoLab will not be responsible for damages, direct or consequential, arising from the operation of Member's business including claims for business interruption, loss of confidential information, or breach of contract.
- Termination Membership may be terminated by the Member or CoLab at any time with 30 days prior written notice. Daily Membership passes are valid for the specified period of use and terminate at the end of each business day. CoLab may terminate Member's participation, access, and use of space and services, immediately and without notice if the Member fails to comply with this Agreement and the Membership Rules including failure to pay all fees in a timely manner. On termination, Member shall return any CoLab property and remove Member's personal property from the space by the last business day of the notice period. Member is responsible for its Affiliate Members and their property.
- Complaints Any complaints should be communicated through a service ticket through the web portal and directed to the Community Managers.
- Law This Agreement is to be interpreted under the laws of the State of Oregon.
- Notice Notices sent under this Agreement to Member and to CoLab shall be effective on delivery through the Membership web portal.
- Publicity Member authorizes CoLab to publish the name of Member's business and photos of Member and Affiliates for the purpose of publicizing the space and services offered by CoLab.
- Electronic Access Keys Member is responsible for the use of the Access Key. It is not to be shared or assigned. If it is lost, Member will pay a $25 replacement fee. I agree to the terms and conditions as set out in this Agreement and agree to be bound by CoLab's Membership Rules. I agree that I am responsible for assuring my Affiliates and Guests abide by these Rules.
CoLab MEMBERSHIP RULES As a Member of CoLab, you and all other Members have the right to quiet enjoyment of the space. Members expect and deserve a professional atmosphere in which to conduct their business affairs. To help ensure that all interests are respected, use of the space is governed by the following rules:
- Members shall not disturb other Members. Please conduct conversations in common areas in a respectful manner. Loud or confidential phone calls shall be conducted in Member's space, in CoLab's Phone Rooms, or in a reserved conference room. There are only four Phone Rooms so please be discrete in your use of them; book a Conference Room if you will use the Phone Room for longer than an hour. Do not play music or other sound without headphones.
- Maintain the privacy of your work and refrain from looking at any other Member's work without authorization from the Member. You are responsible for your own privacy.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all proprietary business matters, trade secrets, financial information, operating procedures of CoLab and any Members.
- Dress professionally and maintain orderliness in your work space. Use garbage receptacles, recycling containers and place only sensitive and confidential documents into the shredding container so marked. Non-sensitive papers to be recycled.
- Guests must be signed into your space by the Community Manager. Access for Guests is limited. If a Guest visits regularly, the Guest must be added to the Member's membership as an Affiliated Team Mamber.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Internet access provided is only for authorized public information, and your private electronic communication, and not for any illegal or improper purpose such as spamming, hacking or viewing materials that would cause discomfort to any other user. Unauthorized file sharing or downloading of bootleg copyrighted files such as music, video, games over CoLab's network is forbidden and is grounds for immediate termination of this agreement. Recognize that this is not your private system but is shared by all Members; be vigilant to avoid malware. The use the system for any contests, pyramid schemes, junk email, spamming or any other unsolicited contacts is forbidden. Use of the system to defame, harass, or interfere with other people's rights is forbidden.
- All activities conducted in the space must be legal and conducted in conformance with allapplicable laws and regulations.
- All signage must be approved by the Community Manager in accordance with community style guidelines which will be posted on the Members' website.
- No flammable or dangerous chemicals are allowed in the space.
- Members must not share access keys or pass codes. Members are responsible for supervision of their Affiliates and Guests at all times.
- Members must recognize that other Members also have rights to access common spaces and should be judicious in their requests to use such spaces.
- Members are responsible for reviewing CoLab's website periodically for any changes or modifications to these rules. Any such changes or modifications become applicable to all Members when the rules are posted on the website.
- Members will comply with Community Manager requests and instructions.
- Special Events may be arranged with the Community Manager. When possible all CoLab Members should be invited. And whether or not invited, reasonable advance notice of the Event shall be given to all Members who may be affected by the Event.
- Members are not allowed to bring large personal items such as furniture, equipment, or kitchen supplies into common or open desk areas.
- Members shall not cause the light or view to be blocked in any window.
- Conference Rooms shall be booked in advance. If a Conference Room is open and available, a Member may use it but must yield to a Member who has reserved the Room.
- Questions about conduct should be referred to the Community Managers.
- Electronic Keys will be issued to each Member and Affiliate. Keys must not be loaned, assigned, or shared with anyone other than the Key recipient. CoLab will charge $25 for any lost Key.
- The Exercise Facility is available for any Member to use; access will be authorized through the Electronic Key when the Member has signed the Waiver of Liability. The Exercise Facility is non-exclusive so please treat each other with respect and follow the Rules posted in the Exercise Facility. Use is at your own risk.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY As a Member of CoLab, I have been offered access to the Exercise Facility in Hall Corporate Center, property located at 11481 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon, subject to my agreement to this Waiver of Liability. I promise to exercise due care and vigilance in accessing and using the facility and equipment. I understand and acknowledge that use of exercise equipment and participation in training events may expose me to many inherent risks, including accidents, injury, illness, or even death whether caused by falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including high heat and humidity, or such incident. I am fully responsible for myself in the use of the Facility and equipment and assume all liability for injuries or damage arising from such use. This waiver and release of liability includes, without limitation, injuries which may occur as a result of (a) my use of any exercise equipment or facilities which may malfunction or break, (b) negligent inspection or improper maintenance of any exercise equipment, premises or facilities, (c) slipping or tripping and falling while on any portion of the premises or while traveling to or from the exercise facility, (d) and any other negligence. I promise that I will only access and use the Exercise Facility when I am physically fit and mentally capable of performing the physical activity I choose. After having read this waiver and knowing the risks of participation, I agree, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, to HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE AND RELEASE Beckal, LLC, Allco Investnents, LLC, CoLab, LLC, and any related entity, their owners, officers, agents, employees, organizers, representatives, assignees and successors from any responsibility, liabilities, demands, or claims of any kind arising out of my participation in the training facilities or use of the exercise equipment. By my electronic acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, Rules, and Waiver, I indicate that I have read and understand this Waiver of Liability. I am aware that this is a waiver and a release of liability and I voluntarily agree to its terms